Tungsten Rings FAQ
Why do Men Wear Wedding Bands?
Men started regularly wearing wedding bands during WWII to remind them of who they were fighting for.
What do the K's mean?
24K refers to 100% gold but it is too soft for Men's Wedding Bands. Therefore metal alloys are fused with recycled gold to create jewelry that will last.
- 18K Gold (75%) - Our most valuable option but a little soft, we advise 18K if you're not doing consistent manual labor
- 14K Gold (58%) - The Goldilocks, our recommended option if you've never worn gold jewelry prior
- 10K Gold (41%) - The most durable gold option, a great alternative to Tungsten
- Platinum - a durable and hypoallergenic precious metal, serving as a firmer alternative to 18K White Gold. With its various industrial applications the value of Platinum has increased in recent years
- Tungsten - An alternative, durable metal, Tungsten does not hold the same value as Gold or Platinum and thus is more affordable
Should I take my ring off?
Not if you want to stay married...
Again, Should I take my ring off?
If you purchase an 18K Gold ring and want to play it safe consider taking your ring off if you get the tool kit out or are lifting in the gym. Platinum, 14K, 10K & Tungsten are more than durable enough for normal wear
What width should I go for?
Picking the width of your band should be both personal and practical. Some people are drawn to the 3MM and others the 6MM. If you have shorter hands but like the look of the 6MM we suggest the 4.5MM
How long will it take to make my ring?
We make each gold band by hand, please allow 2-4 weeks for your band to be made. If a rush order is needed we ask you to email Customer@RingBear.com